Punctuation Course -
for Academics / Researchers
This is a 1 day open group course or can be taken as a company group course. Group size will be a minimum of 6 participants up to a maximum size of 16 participants.
1 day: Kr. 1.400,- ex. VAT per person. If you pay privately the course is exempt VAT.
This course provides a comprehensive guide to the rules of English punctuation and facilitates the practical application of these rules in academic writing:
- • To improve knowledge of English punctuation rules
- • To improve ability to use punctuation correctly in academic writing
- • To improve knowledge of the difference between US and UK punctuation rules
- • To provide an opportunity to practice English punctuation through class-based activities
- • To provide an opportunity for participants to work on their own academic text
- • To offer guidance on specific problem areas for course participants
The course is suitable for academics with limited experience of English punctuation and offers an opportunity for more experienced academics to brush up on and improve their existing punctuation skills in English.
- • Presentation of key areas of punctuation
- • Class-based activities to practice punctuation rules
- • Working with own academic text
- • Feedback and guidance on specific problem areas for course participants
Knowledge and skills:
- • Knowledge of English punctuation rules
- • Ability to use punctuation in academic writing
- • Familiarity with the difference between US and UK punctuation rules
- • Understanding of the syntax and grammar related to punctuation
- • Can reflect on the the content of the course in relation to own writing
- • Can give advice to colleaagues/users about punctuation
- • Can develop own academic writing with improved punctuation
- • Can proofread own academic texts with improved punctuation
- • Can correct adademic texts for others in regard to punctuation
William Frost, International Communication A/S
- William Frost is a member of EATAW (European Association of Teaching ) and BALEAP (British Association of Lecturers in English for Academic Purposes).
We look forward to your call or written inquiry. We will always answer your request within 24 hours (excluding weekends).
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or ring 7026 2460
or fill out our contact form below:
Kurset gav et helt fantastisk indblik i engelsk tegnsætning. Hele 6 timers grammatik lyder for mange måske som opskriften på en arbejdsdag i helvede, hvilket det på ingen måder var. William Frost var en yderst dygtig og samtidig underholdende underviser, så det var en på alle måder fornøjelig oplevelse. Jeg fik en masse redskaber med hjem, som jeg allerede har taget i brug.
Refreshing the use of punctuation in English was very useful for me. William Frost managed to cover the essential topics for academic writing in an interactive way with a nice sense of humour. I can warmly recommend this course. -
The course on Punctuation is very useful that can be used in long-term in my academic career. The way the instructor teaches the course and leads the class is very interesting. Overall, a very interesting and essential course for all academics.
William was very engaging and the course was very well thought out for the target audience
Perfect Punctuation gav mig et godt indblik i engelsk tegnsætning. Jeg har behov for at øve det i praksis, men kurset gav mig fine redskaber hertil.